Are you feeling down in the dumps, been running around after everybody else or just a little run down?
Nowadays, with everything going on, it’s become even harder to really take care of ourselves.
Because of all the stress we deal with daily, it becomes even harder to listen to our body.
Often we are so busy taking care of other people, that we neglect the basic needs of our body and mind.
When somebody says Self Care, what does that mean?
When someone practises self care, they are making their emotional, physical and mental health a priority.
Self Care is a form of activity that you should want to do and not something that feels forced.
Practising Self Care is NOT selfish and you shouldn’t be made to feel that way.
After all, how can you effectively look after someone else, if you can’t first take care of yourself.
Why is Self Care so important?
Self Care becomes even more important whenever you feel overwhelmed, stressed and disconnected from everything.
Everyone around the world at some time or another will feel like this and practising Self Care is not only soothing but essential.
Prioritising this aspect of your life is just as important as work, your business or looking after others.
Having a great Self Care routine, will leave you feeling recharged and refuelled to continue your day/ week in the best shape.
Self Care means different things to different people, that is clear.
Which is why I have created a whopping list of 65, yes 65, activities you can do to really take care of yourself during this difficult time.
All of these self care activities you can do at home and should be just what you need!
Implement these small activities into your daily life and see the change in your mental and physical health..
Here’s an 8 Minute Meditation & Relaxation Video..
Click here to watch the full video on Youtube >>
65 Ways to Practice Self Care at home
- Wake up in the morning and feel gratitude
- Have a morning stretch
- Mediate for mindfulness and calm
- Write down your thoughts in a journal
- Get dressed for the day as if you were going outside
- Give yourself a mani/pedi
- Sleep until you’re rested
- Practice ‘good’ skincare
- Cook a meal using a new recipe
- Watch your favourite comedy (go on have a laugh!)
- Workout – whether it’s Yoga or HIIT, it’s important to get your body moving
- Practice a hobby, something you love to do
- Prepare healthy nutritious meals for the whole week
- Learn the art of saying no!
- Go for a walk
- Relax in the garden
- Improve your skills by learning a new language
- Read your favourite book (or a new one)
- Make a proactive ‘to-do’ list for the day
- Listen to an uplifting podcast
- Color in an adult coloring book!
- Don’t be too hard on yourself
- Call a loved one
- Run yourself a relaxing bath
- Mix mood enhancing essential oils in a diffuser
- Get up and dance
- Make a ‘feel good’ musical playlist
- Practice focused breathing
- Recite positive affirmations – “I am loved, I am strong, I am successful..”
- Light a candle
- Detox from social media for a full day
- Make a tasty smoothie…
- Increase your water intake
- Put on a nourishing face mask
- Give someone a compliment
- Declutter your environment
- Write a letter to yourself or a loved one
- Make a pitcher of a refreshing drink – lemonade, pimms, sangria 🙂
- Have a good cry – never hold it in
- Get lost in Netflix for a few hours
- Add some flowers to your workspace
- Bake some tasty treats
- Go out and get some Vitamin D
- Go online and learn something new
- Rearrange your living space
- Create an inspirational vision board
- Have a picnic in your garden – great if you have kids!
- Power nap in the day if you need to
- Buy fresh flowers
- Place healing crystals in your bedroom
- Write down some goals for the next week, month, year..
- Ignore the negative people in your life
- Make your very own self care kit
- Give to a charity you love
- Go online shopping – you’re allowed to treat yourself now and then
- Create a DIY lotion or moisturizer
- Watch a motivational TED talk
- Order or DIY some wall art
- Do a crossword puzzle
- Start a blog about something you love
- Plan your next holiday
- Create an inspirational board on Pinterest
- Create a photo album or memory scrapbook
- Make a bucket list
- Learn to love yourself
There you go..
65 self care ideas for you to do while your stuck at home.
You can implement a few of these a day, for ultimate Self Care.
If you make it through this list, you’re a real trooper and have totally won.
Good Luck and Take Care..