Nope, you didn’t read the title of this post incorrectly.
There are ways to start making money for free in 2020 and I’m going to give 10 of them to you.
You don’t always need money to make money.
Making money online requires a lot of time and effort and if you’ve struggled to build a successful business online, this post is for you.
Starting a business in 2020 will require you to invest either Time or Money.
If you don’t have one, use the other!
Naturally because you don’t have as money to put into them, these hustles will require a lot of your time to make them work.
There are people making real full time income from many of these methods.
You can make upwards of $100k a year ($270 a day) doing some or all of these methods, as many have.
As mentioned it will take a lot of your time & effort and will not make you a millionaire overnight.
However these, in the long term, are extremely lucrative online businesses models.
Time to stop making excuses and take the first steps into financial freedom.
Ready for the top 10 ways to make money online without paying for anything?
Here we go..
💡 But First, want to get FREE cash today?
Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey! Fast and simple to earn money!
Swagbucks: Free $10 Bonus! Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online.
*Make sure you sign up to multiple sites and always confirm your email after signup
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing has been popping off for a number of years now, but never has it been so popular.
You can get started for very low costs (if any) doesn’t really require a lot of skill!
It involves referring someone to any product (physical or digital) and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission.
Honestly Affiliate Marketing is my Number 1 recommendation for making money online in 2020. It has changed my life significantly!
Getting started with Affiliate Marketing is easy:
Find a product that you want to promote that has an Affiliate program
When you join the program, you’ll get a personalized link so whenever somebody clicks on the link and purchases, you’ll get a cash money!
Clickbank is a very controversial affiliate network but I have always seen huge success with them.
Use a platform to promote your links
I use my Blog to promote my affiliate links (not just with ClickBank).
With a Blog you’ll generally have a higher rate of success because people trust your advice a bit more. I have built landing pages with ClickFunnels to drive traffic to my offer.
You can also use Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and various forums to promote your links for FREE.
This is a little harder to do in 2020 because platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram ban ‘direct’ links to affiliate offers and often class it as spam.
So your best bet is to create a bridge/landing page in-between the affiliate offer and the platform to avoid being banned.
If you’re interested in starting a money making Blog with affiliate Marketing, read my Ultimate Guide to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing.
- Choose a product you know is profitable, Do your research.
- Don’t ever recommend anything you wouldn’t buy yourself. I love writing about the various ways to make money online and only recommend products I have purchased myself and have experience with.
- Affiliate tools to build websites such as Siteground (my current host) and ClickFunnels are examples of this.
To succeed at any kind of business especially online, you’ll need to either invest time or money.
If you don’t have the money to start, you’ll need to invest your time into learning the techniques necessary to start.
If you have a little money, you have the luxury of fast tracking your success for ‘done for you’ systems like the ones above.
Get a comprehensive guide on how to succeed with Affiliate Marketing here >>
2. Create a Course with Skillshare
Everyone, despite background or current circumstances, has some sort of skill they can share with others!
Skillshare is the place to showcase these skills and get paid for it!
Skillshare is a community of experts and entrepreneurs when people can go to get instructor led classes/tutorials on various topic.
Teaching on Skillshare can actually help sustain your livelihood by providing you with consistent passive income.
There are 2 ways to earn money on skillshare:
- Total number of minutes that subscribers watch your videos.
- Affiliate links posted on your video descriptions (more below)
Don’t sell yourself short! You’re capable of more than you know.
The skills that come naturally to you, might not to the rest of the world.
Here’s a tip if you really believe you have no skills to offer…
Sign up to Skillshare and take classes on the topic you’d like to teach.
You get 2 months FREE with this link and can use the platform to learn more about a topic.
Use platforms such as Youtube to find inspiration on some of the most popular topics, create videos based on the same information and upload these to Skillshare.
For example, if you wanted to create a course in Photoshop, here’s how:
- Scourer Youtube for detailed tutorials on Photoshop
- Sign up to a free 7-day Photoshop trial
- Create 8-10 tutorial videos using a screen recorder like OBS Studio and use your phone as a voice recorder
- Edit videos using a free video software such as Openshot
- Upload your course to Skillshare and make passive income
Yes all of the work is upfront, but there is serious potential to make full time passive income easily with this site.
- Create video tutorials on products that offer an affiliate program, include the affiliate link in the video description on Skillshare and each time someone clicks on your link and buys the product, you’ll earn commission!
- Work on creating new videos every few months to keep your content fresh and earn even more commission.
3. Start a Money Making Blog
If you’re looking to start a lucrative side hustle with the potential of turning into full time income, then Blogging is for you!
The internet is full of people making making thousands of dollars monthly by blogging from home.
I have been able to make over $3000 a month after only 3 months of creating valuable content.
This isn’t a pipe dream! Blogging has changed my life..
The best thing with blogging is it can create a lifestyle of recurring income for posts you created weeks or even months ago.
You are able to choose your own topic which you are passionate about.
As long as the niche has proven to make money.
Soon before you know it, you’ll be working a few hours every week and be earning possibly thousands every month.
How much you are able to earn in the long run is completely down to how much work you put into making the blog a success.
If you aren’t dedicated and authentic, i’m afraid it won’t work for you.
In the long run, using a Free blogging service is NOT the way to go!
Making your blog professional looking from the start should be your main priority and if you can afford it then a self-hosted blog is the only choice.
When you’re just starting out, all you need to purchase are the domain and hosting service.
If you’re looking for the most cost effective way of starting a Blog, my suggestion is to go with a Bluehost hosting plan because it is cheapest ($3.95 per month) in the industry and they will give you a FREE Domain.
I started with Bluehost and they are a solid choice for Blog Hosting as a beginner.
I currently use Siteground because of their fantastic customer service and increased website speeds. So if your looking to hit the ground running, purchase a plan with Siteground.
Their start up plan is $3.95 per month and a domain with them will cost $15.95. So for under $70, you’ll be well on your way to making over $5k every month with a blog.
Read my step by step guide on how to start a money making blog here >>
That’s all! And in a few months you could be earning well into $3000 per month like I was!
- Research the best niches to write blog posts on. Use a tool like Keywords Everywhere to find out what people are searching for.
- Start promoting when you have about 10 posts and Pin on Pinterest like crazy, as this can be a great way to gain more followers quickly.
- Create 2-3 pins per Blog post to create variety and reach more people.
- Combine effective Affiliate Marketing with Blogging and the earning potential is truly endless!
4. Take Pics and Get Cash!
Shutterstock is a provider of high-quality licensed images, videos, and music.
Many designers, content creators, producers pay for and use these images, videos and music to create their own content.
Content creators, like you, upload their work to Shutterstock and when consumers purchase this work you earn commision.
Images and music are great to upload, but 4K videos are where the money is at.
Some 4K videos are advertised for anywhere between $49 and $200 and you earn 30% commision on every sale!
Like the below video, for a 22 second clip, if someone purchases this clip at $89 from Shutterstock, you’ll earn $26 and that’s each time someone buys.
So if it’s a popular sought after video clip, you could earn a full time income just from this piece of content.
- Create multiple videos each month and earn recurring passive income
- Use trending topics to capitalize on quickly
5. Write Articles for TextBroker
Text Broker is website that allows you earn money for every article you write.
This is where your amazing English grades at school come into play.
There is no limit to how much you can earn, as you can choose when and how much content you write.
All you need to do is take a simple test, get an author ranking and choose which articles you write.
You can also build up your profile so customers can come directly to you. You’ll earn up to 5 cents per order depending on your ranking.
You could easily get paid upwards of $50 per article.
Don’t limit yourself to TextBroker, you can also apply to sites such as:
6. Build an Instagram Niche Page
The earning potential with Instagram is honestly endless but you need to be in for the long haul..
The major ways to make money from Instagram are:
- Work as an influencer and post content sponsored by various brands
- Starting a Niche specific page selling other people’s products for a fee
- Become an entrepreneur and sell your own products
Instagram Niche Page
Starting a niche page doesn’t have to be daunting. Simply find a lucrative niche, create an instagram page and regularly post relevant and creative content.
Before you know it, you’ll have a large following with the ability to promote your own products as well as other people’s products (for a commission or fee).
The above image shows a niche specific instagram page which makes money from selling ads/shoutouts and promoting clothing, shoes & phone cases.
- Once established, pay somebody to manage your page for you. This means you’ll earn money passively
- Choose a niche that isn’t too saturated, you’ll have a higher chance of likes
- Create your own Ecommerce site on Shopify and once you have enough followers start promoting your own niche specific products!
7. Become a Virtual Assistant
Many established companies do not have time to complete ‘general’ tasks required within their business, so they hire Virtual assistants to carry out these tasks.
Becoming a virtual assistant to help with such tasks can be an extremely lucrative way to earn money as a stay at home mom, student or someone who is unable to leave the home.
Like many of the jobs listed above, you are able to set your own schedule that works around your children and home life
Services that fall under the virtual assistant group could include:
- customer service
- email marketing
- social media marketing
- and so much more.
You could earn anything from $5 to $100 an hour, if you become a specialized virtual assistant.
Have a look at some success stories here..
As a virtual assistant the general requirements usually include:
- Being very organised
- Having good communication skills
- Being reliable and somewhat flexible
Make sure you create a killer portfolio and profile that displays all of your amazing abilities.xx
Not only are you able to earn some extra cash but you could eventually turn it into a full time income, whilst helping business owners achieve their goals at the same time.
8. Start a Youtube Channel
As we mentioned earlier, using Affiliate Links on Youtube is fantastic way to make money online without any cost.
Not only can you earn money by accumulating ad revenue based on video views but if you include an affiliate link in your description box, you could also earn commission from people clicking your link and buying!
You do not need to show your face or even be an expert in the topic, as you can simply get inspiration from similar topics on the platform and create your own content.
The below screenshot shows somebody on Youtube walking through, step by step, how to set up a Shopify dropshipping store using a screen recorder and voice over only.
They have included their affiliate link in the product description and it is likely that even 10% of these viewers have clicked to sign up to Shopify and the creator has earned commission from this.
- Look for popular products or even better cash in on newly released products
- Combine income from Skillshare and Youtube using the same video content
Dropshipping is an online e-commerce business model which allows you (as a seller) to:
- Create an Ecommerce website/landing page
- Market/advertise products to prospective clients
- Get the manufacturer send the products directly to the customer
- Earn profit per sale without holding any inventory
Shopify makes running an ecommerce store like dropshipping so easy, especially with an integrated fulfillment service like Oberlo.
Seriously you could be up and running, like I was, in a day!
I have a step by step guide here., if you’d like a detailed run through on how to become a dropshipping success!
Head over to Shopify and sign up using their FREE 14 day trial link.
If you’re low on funds sign up for the Shopify trial and start promoting your products using Pinterest, Google ads or Instagram Influencers.
Starting with $50, a good quality Shopify site and product should get you a few sales.
- Always put your profits back into the pot so you can make even more cash in the long run.
- Instead of using the free Shopify domain, pick one up from 123REG. They’re as low as $6.99 for the whole year and it’ll make your site look much more professional, resulting in more sales.
10. Print on Demand
Websites such as Redbubble allow you to create and sell custom products online.
In return you earn commissions from every product sold.
The great thing about this business model, is that you do not have to hold inventory, even print the T-shirt or send it to the customer.
Redbubble will do this for you!
This is called Print on Demand.
This whole process means you don’t pay for the product until after you’ve actually sold it – hence, no upfront costs! Cool huh?
The great news for you is that Redbubble is a destination website, which means you do not need to pay for external traffic!
Redbubble is similar to Amazon, in that, people actually come directly to the site looking for things like T-shirts and other apparel.
So as long as you create a stand out design, you get traffic sent to your page for free!
You do not need to be a graphic designer to be able to sell on this site!
There are many sellers on this site selling some of the most basic T-shirts with wording only!
Simply using a site like Canva, you can create a simple word template, download the design for free and upload it onto Redbubble.
Once you make your sales, you can get your money via Paypal or bank account.
- Search for undiscovered niches or trending memes. Usually the popular niches are saturated so focus on a group of people who are ignored.
- Once you receive a few sales, reinvest your cash into finding a designer on sites such as Fiver and get some stand out designs created.
The Bottom Line..
I hope you enjoyed this post and it’s given you some ideas to make money online in 2020.
While these sites provide you with ways to make money online completely for free, it will often take you time to build these up, so please bear this in mind.
However if you are looking to build a substantial amount of side income in addition to your current income, these will be great for you.
Go out there and smash those mental roadblocks, try some of these today and take action.